View Care Tips
YI Clothes Stand
- Place your rattan furniture in places where humidity and heat levels are consistent, as changes can result in warps or cracks due to expansion and contraction.
- Moisture and heat can cause damage to any finish. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth. Do not place hot items directly on the rattan surface.
- Over time, air and sunlight may cause changes in the colour of the wood and rattan. To reduce the change in colour, do not place your furniture in areas directly exposed to sunlight such as in front of windows.
- If you are placing items on your rattan furniture, occasionally rotate the items to allow a more uniform color to develop.
- For regular cleaning, a soft, lint-free cloth with water and a drop of mild soap is recommended. Do not use strong cleaning products such as bleach as this may dissolve the finish. If in doubt, test the cleaning product on a small patch in an inconspicuous location before applying to the rest of the furniture.
- Every six months, use lemon oil or polish available from hardware stores, to protect the finish and retain a shine.
- The brass hardware are designed to develop a natural oxidised patina over time.
- If you prefer to restore the brass hardware to a shine, you may use a metal polish suitable for brass metal. Do a small patch test in an inconspicuous area before polishing the whole hardware.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners that can scratch and dull the surfaces.