View Care Tips
THE MAVERICK Armchair
Leather / Bonded Leather
- Vacuum or wipe with a clean dry cloth regularly to remove dust.
- For further cleaning, use a damp cloth with mild soap and water.
- Do not use any alcohol based products as these may cause damage to the leather dyes and cause discolouration.
- For polishing, leather polish can be bought from hardware stores. Do a small patch test in an inconspicuous area before polishing the leather.
- Keep away from heat, as this can cause damage to the leather surface.
Powder Coated Mild Steel
- Powder Coated Mild Steel must not be polished using metal polishes. These can be cleaned using warm soapy water and a soft cloth.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners or cleaning materials to prevent scratches or damage to the powder coated finishes.
- In areas close to the sea or if the mild steel furniture is regularly subjected to water, brown discoloration can appear on the surface of your furniture. This can be removed with warm soapy water.
- Place your wood furniture in places where humidity and heat levels are consistent, as changes can result in warps or cracks due to expansion and contraction.
- Moisture and heat can cause damage to any finish. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth. Do not place hot items directly on the wood surface.
- Over time, air and sunlight may cause changes in the colour of the wood. To reduce the change in colour, do not place your furniture in areas directly exposed to sunlight such as in front of windows.
- If you are placing items on your wood furniture, occasionally rotate the items to allow a more uniform color to develop.
- For regular cleaning, a soft, lint-free cloth with water and a drop of mild soap is recommended. Do not use strong cleaning products such as bleach as this may dissolve the finish. If in doubt, test the cleaning product on a small patch in an inconspicuous location before applying to the rest of the furniture.
- Every six months, use lemon oil or polish available from hardware stores, to protect the finish and retain a shine.